Who was Rutherford B. Hayes?
Rutherford B. Hayes was the 19th president of the United States from 1877 to 1881, having served also as an American representative and governor of Ohio.
- Birth: October 4, 1822 at Delaware, Ohio as Rutherford Birchard Hayes
- Death: January 17, 1893 at Fremont, Ohio
Who was Ulysses S. Grant?
Ulysses S. Grant was an American soldier, politician, and international statesman who served as the 18th president of the United States from 1869 to 1877.
- Birth: April 27, 1822 at Point Pleasant, Ohio as Hiram Ulysses Grant
- Death: July 23, 1885 at Wilton, New York
Who was Andrew Johnson?
Andrew Johnson was the 17th president of the United States, serving from 1865 to 1869.
- Birth: December 29, 1808 at Raleigh, North Carolina
- Death: July 31, 1875 near Elizabethton, Tennessee
Who was Abraham Lincoln?
Abraham Lincoln was an American statesman and lawyer who served as the 16th president of the United States from 1861 until his assassination in April 1865.
- Birth: February 12, 1809 at LaRue County, Kentucky
- Death: April 15, 1865 at Washington, D.C.
Who was James Buchanan?
James Buchanan was the 15th president of the United States (1857–1861), serving prior to the American Civil War.
- Birth: April 23, 1791 near Cove Gap, Pennsylvania as James Buchanan Jr.
- Death: June 1, 1868 at Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Who was Franklin Pierce?
Franklin Pierce was the 14th president of the United States (1853–1857), a northern Democrat who saw the abolitionist movement as a fundamental threat to the unity of the nation.
- Birth: November 23, 1804 at Hillsborough, New Hampshire
- Death: October 8, 1869 at Concord, New Hampshire
Who is Millard Fillmore?
Millard Fillmore was the 14th president of the United States (1853–1857), a northern Democrat who saw the abolitionist movement as a fundamental threat to the unity of the nation.
- Birth: January 7, 1800 at Cayuga County, New York
- Death: March 8, 1874 at Buffalo, New York
Who was James K. Polk?
James K. Polk was the 11th president of the United States, serving from 1845 to 1849.
- Birth: November 2, 1795 at Mecklenburg County, North Carolina as James Knox Polk
- Death: June 15, 1849 at Nashville, Tennessee
Who was John Tyler?
John Tyler was the tenth president of the United States from 1841 to 1845 after briefly serving as the tenth vice president (1841)
- Birth: March 29, 1790 at Charles City County, Virginia
- Death: January 18, 1862 at Richmond, Virginia